Mater Dei vs Bosco

watchersince68

Mater Dei vs Bosco

Post by watchersince68 »

Found myself watching "The Game" yesterday that was replayed. I still thought we could pull it out at the end but it hasn't changed. Someone should pull a Captain Kirk and alter the computer program so that MD gets the tipped ball at the end. Absolutely not to take away from Bosco's incredible second half (maybe the best half of all time) but that game could have gone the other way on a number of crucial plays. I guess Rollo forgot the pray the rosary before the game.
Best of Holidays to all.
credofriar

Re: Mater Dei vs Bosco

Post by credofriar »

MD was such a better team last year. Shoot we beat Bosco if it wasnt for missed pat, not to mention easy missed field goal.

I watched the game a few night back on fox sports. Such an amazing game if your a football fan. If your a MD fan suprised you could watch it again. Such an epic failure. Their lack of discipline shown through as well of a lack of offense. The last 2 years looked like the MD offensive staff said "hey bryce go out and do bryce things. We will sit here and clap for you"
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

watchersince68 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:11 am MD was such a better team last year.
MD was the better team last year but Bosco gets the ring. In 2018 Bosco was the better team but MD wears that ring.
That’s why they play the game.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Outofstate
That was Credo's quote.
Creodfriar
Boy howdy you are correct a very tough watch. I tuned in to study the game a little more since
the Gov had us on lock down and had nothing to do. Even Home Depot was closed. My belief the crucial mistakes we made was not blitzing as much in the second half and Bosco's ability to pick it up when we did. That was the Bosco's best performance from the line in several meetings.
And as I mentioned long ago we had a mental letdown after the 28-5 lead and it played right into their hands. There was a plethora of dropped balls, fumbles and tipped balls at the line that SJB intercepted that sealed the end results.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

can't wait to watch the behind the scenes disappointment from MD when the new season of QB1 is released. Its gonna feel great all over again.
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

I am sorry but I don't understand your statement---??
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Kuppster wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:43 am can't wait to watch the behind the scenes disappointment from MD when the new season of QB1 is released. Its gonna feel great all over again.
There is nothing 'behind the scenes' about the bitter defeat. It was very visible! As a Bosco fan you had a similar feeling in 2018. They were gut wrenching losses for both fan bases. But it's time to move on.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Outofstate
A real long time fan can never "move on". For a hundred years Boston lived under the curse, the remembering is what really makes you love your team and the sport itself. I only assume
Bosco feels the same... the loss makes your resolve to beat your nemesis the next time around.
It's what a real fan lives for.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

OutOfState wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 am There is nothing 'behind the scenes' about the bitter defeat. It was very visible! As a Bosco fan you had a similar feeling in 2018. They were gut wrenching losses for both fan bases. But it's time to move on.
I will never move on from last years victory. What a game. Forever talk about that one
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

watchersince68 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am Outofstate
A real long time fan can never "move on". For a hundred years Boston lived under the curse, the remembering is what really makes you love your team and the sport itself. I only assume
Bosco feels the same... the loss makes your resolve to beat your nemesis the next time around.
It's what a real fan lives for.
I hear you! I had a hard time moving on and I probably lost a lot of sleep replaying the nightmare in my head. It's the last football memory in my head and the current COVID situation makes it even harder because we needed to get back on the field to help with the healing process.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Kuppster wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am I will never move on from last years victory. What a game. Forever talk about that one
Just like I like to talk about the 2018 finals. I was referring to moving on from defeat.
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

The thing I still can't understand is why MD NEVER found a way to get EPPS open!

Even with the big lead, Bosco kept their plan with him, and EPPS I don't think had a catch!

The week prior against MV ( I realize it was only MV ) I think he had 4 TD'S?

Bosco's coaches were brilliant, they doubled him from the opening play, and he disappeared! I know he wasn't injured, as I saw him celebrate with the other receivers when MD scored early.

MD repeatedly lined him up either wide or in the slot ( like Bosco wasn't going to find him ) Bosco put a man right over him and then another guy 5-7 yards back, worked to perfection.

Couldn't MD put him in motion or something, appears as though it didn't matter, but even with the "greatest comeback " of all time MD still threw into the end zone on the last play!

Bosco deserved the win!, strange though as it only really matters WHEN you win. MD cleans their clock early in the season, Bosco squeaks by late in the season and Bosco becomes National Champs with the same 1-1 Record anginst each other.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

MD played a gruesome schedule but Bosco beat the best when it counted. You could not have made anyone but Bosco the kings. Just shows you you have to play all 28 halves, 27 and you go home to wait another year.
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

Amen to that!!

Can you imagine "if" on that jump ball at the end how excruciating that would of been to Bosco AFTER that amazing comeback! "if" a MD kid would of caught it?

Just goes to show you have to play every single second.

Wouldn't it be scary if say Bosco and MD were a single school ( like Bishop Gorman or De Le Salle ) no one else around for 40 miles.

They would NEVER get a game as NO ONE would play them.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

I full expected that Hail Mary to be caught by MD. The ball was in the air for what seemed like a minute. I definitely stopped breathing for a few seconds. And then I lost my breathe from running out onto the field and dodging security.