Trump Lawyers Get Little Backup From Their Firms or Universities

Hanna

Trump Lawyers Get Little Backup From Their Firms or Universities

Post by Hanna »

LAWYERS HELPING TRUMP with his quixotic election challenges are finding little support from their firms or their university affiliations, which don’t want their brands associated with the campaign.

Chapman University became the latest organization to formally distance itself from a Trump legal effort after it ordered faculty member John Eastman to stop using a Chapman email, phone number and physical address in his court filings on behalf of Trump before the Supreme Court. A recent court filing by the Trump campaign shows that Eastman has since changed his listed address to a UPS store in Anaheim, Calif.

Eastman’s ties to Chapman “should not be construed as implying any concurrence or approval for his actions by the university,” said Chapman University President Daniele C. Struppa. In a lengthy response to Chapman, Eastman said law faculty frequently use the university’s address on court filings, and he accused the university of having a double standard toward Trump supporters. Law firms like Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP and Jones Day have also distanced themselves from Trump’s efforts to overturn the election, moves that were criticized by the Trump campaign as buckling to “leftist mobs.”

In recent days, Trump’s White House lawyers have pushed back on lawyer Sidney Powell’s efforts to have a special counsel appointed to review the election results. And that’s after Trump and his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said last month that Powell wasn’t a part of their legal team after she suggested that long-deceased Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez was behind alleged election rigging.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawy ... 1608892200 (subscription)

======

Yes, this is the same Eastman who claimed that Harris was not an American Citizen because, I think, her parents were not citizens when she was born.. Never mind the hard fact that she was born on these shores..
broman

Re: Trump Lawyers Get Little Backup From Their Firms or Universities

Post by broman »

I wonder why Mr. Eastmin did not understand he would be associated himself with the "Kraken" Sydney Powell and L.Lin Wood.

The calls to arrest Kemp, Perdue and Loeffler is cut off in the graphic.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Supporters of Trump lawyers Lin Wood and Sidney Powell say by not voting, "there will be so few [votes] that GOP vote totals will go negative... The fraud will be so obvious, SCOTUS can then invalidate [2020]."

Let that sink in...

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

If I were Chapman I'd be less concerned about Eastman using his work email than I'd be about what he's teaching his students. Maybe he doesn't teach Con Law but he's clearly wrong on Harris' eligibility, and in the Texas case, besides asking for something the court would never grant, they sued the wrong people. In the wrong court. Over something they had no standing to sue over. I'd be questioning whether what he'd been teaching his students had also been wrong.
Don't look at me, I just work here.