Trinity League Football

RedPillWonderland

Re: Trinity League Football

Post by RedPillWonderland »

frankieboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:10 am I lived in Ladera Ranch. 9 minutes to JSerra, 18 to SM.
From Ladera that extra 9 minutes might cancel Mom’s Starbucks run lol. A lot quicker to get to SM for families who live anywhere near the toll road in South County. In that case, it would be much harder to make your way over to SJC and JSerra.

Mychal and Julie Thompson drove Klay, Trayce and Mychel that 18 minutes from Ladera to SM for years and they turned out ok 😂
frankieboy

Post by frankieboy »

JSerra wasn't open then :)
RedPillWonderland

Didn’t JSerra open in 2003? Klay was Class of 2008, Trayce was 2009 and I think Mychel was 2006. Maybe it was too new …
frankieboy

Post by frankieboy »

it certainly was. Takes 10 years to get a HS right.
frankieboy

Post by frankieboy »

No athletic facilities until 2006.
RedPillWonderland

Brett Kay (MD Class of ‘98 - football, basketball, baseball) wasn’t hired by JSerra Baseball until 2006 but I’m sure he would’ve liked to at least have Trayce as the first future MLB draft pick in that powerhouse program he’s built. The sparkling baseball facilities Royce Lewis played in were just being built back then.
WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 »

i found out on another forum, that Bryce Young had attended MD youth football camps before high school, how come he didn't enroll at MD as a freshman then? is it because he didn't want to compete with JT Daniels?
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

... worked out well for Bryce and JT is a top Gun...Seriously getting to be like pro sports...with this ish.

Frankieboy...10 yrs? Tesoro practiced on asphalt for two years and with in 4 maybe five years had a D-9 CIF title and a few years later battled LBP for a D1 Title beating Matt Barkley's Monarchs along the way, one mistake cost the the Titans the game but quick look back at one of my all time fav's...PK#9
SunsetFan

Post by SunsetFan »

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:12 pm how come he didn't enroll at MD as a freshman then?
Bryce Young loves to play football, so he went to a Varsity program that he knew he could start.
Playing varsity football for four years is better than being at one school for four years.

I wish more dads were as smart as Byrce's father.
RedPillWonderland

Congrats to Tetairoa McMillan on being named 2021 Mr. Football State POY by Cal-Hi Sports. Sixth consecutive winner from the Trinity Lg; first winner not from Mater Dei or Bosco (and not from a championship team) since Pittsburgh Steelers starting RB Najee Harris (Antioch) in 2015. First Servite player to ever win the award, the longest running POY honor for California.

(Partial) HS resume for this kid:

-One of 3 Finalists for Gatorade National POY (awarded to Nicholas Singleton of Reading PA)
-Finalist for All American Bowl POY
-Polynesian National POY
-Gatorade California POY
-Maxpreps California POY
-SB Live California POY
-Trinity Lg MVP
-2020-2021 OC Register Boys ATHLETE of the Year
-Top Rated University of Arizona Football Recruit of All Time
-1st Servite Mr. Football State POY
-Set new Servite records in every receiving category

Mark Tennis says Steve Buerlein in 1982 was the closest of any other Servite player to winning California Mr. Football, when it went to John Paye of Menlo Atherton. Tennis founded Cal-Hi Sports in 1979 and recently wrote a book on California HSFB history dating to 1873.

https://www.calhisports.com/2022/01/03/ ... -mcmillan/

I had been begging the last four years to play defense and this year I finally did,” said McMillan when asked if it was the coaches who came to him about it or if it was he who had the idea. “I felt we needed that because if our goal was to win a championship that the only way that we had a chance was for me to do that. I feel like it was my job to be productive on both sides of the ball.”
TeezerXL

Post by TeezerXL »

Who was more important to their team? 2020 DJ 2020 Bryce or 2022 Tmac. Hot take: Tmac
Evidence: 44 percent of passing yards and over half of the passings TDs
Best player both ways: 8 int 35 tackles
Punt returner: Started in all three phases of the game
Beeman221

Post by Beeman221 »

What the heck is going on at Servite with all these players transferring? Are they even going to be able to compete this coming season considering players leaving and the graduation of the 2022 class?
RedPillWonderland

#1 rated OL prospect in CA - Earnest Greene of Bosco, signs with Georgia.

#1 rated DL prospect in CA - Hero Kanu of Santa Margarita, signs with Ohio State.

The 2021 LA Times Player of the Year - DL Mason Graham of Servite, signs with Michigan.

The last lineman to win LA Times POY - Wyatt Davis of Bosco, signed with Ohio State, became a two time All American and now plays for the Minnesota Vikings.

Not surprising that the Pac 12 won 0 bowl games this season, has won 1 college football playoff game in 8 seasons, or that SC has been a mess for well over a decade.

Can’t blame any of the top linemen in the Trinity League for continuing to catch the first thing smoking out of LAX, headed to play in the SEC or at Ohio St/Michigan (or to get a Stanford degree) …
frankieboy

Post by frankieboy »

until this gets corrected Pac-12 will continue to be in trouble.
polyrules1

Post by polyrules1 »

Playthegame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:43 pm by Playthegame » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:43 pm

... worked out well for Bryce and JT is a top Gun...Seriously getting to be like pro sports...with this ish.

Frankieboy...10 yrs? Tesoro practiced on asphalt for two years and with in 4 maybe five years had a D-9 CIF title and a few years later battled LBP for a D1 Title beating Matt Barkley's Monarchs along the way, one mistake cost the the Titans the game but quick look back at one of my all time fav's...PK#9

Guys you won't see invited to my house..ever

1-Maurice Drew
2-Coach Lad
3-Chane Moline
4-Mark "Dirty" Sanchez
5-Chris Galippo
6-Matt Grootegoed
7-D.J Shoemate
8-Russell White
9-Spongebob Johnson
10-Preston King
awesome highlight reel, btw
OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend »

Oh credo you are the best...my favorite thing is how I told all you people that the kids that "matter" hated Troy Thomas and now you see they are all leaving just like I said, Burnett, Moseley, The Hansen brothers and more to come. SM paid your guys not MD we don't have to pay anyone because we have the best product but keep up the narrative. Sit back you are about to slip to 4th place in the Trinity league if you are lucky.. :lol:
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

So, as of this date, what players have actually transferred out of Servite,
for real?
Beeman221

Post by Beeman221 »

Backup QB Andrew Maushardt transferred to St. Pauls. Not sure if DE Tuna Talavou and Olineman Matt Toilolo will stay, although it wouldn’t be a surprise if they leave.

If they stay, it looks like they will only have 2 returning starters on Offense and 1-2 on Defense.

Servite’s success these past few seasons is because of the Buckeye connection. I’m not sure what happened between Fifita and Thomas. Thomas prob pissed him off like he allegedly pissed off his players/alumni. If JSerra had those kids, they would have make a run as well. Thomas shouldn’t take credit for Servite’s success these past few seasons. Anyone who thinks they did well all because of Thomas is full of it. MD should dominate again and Bosco and SM should end up 2nd and 3rd respectively…
SunsetFan

Post by SunsetFan »

OCurbanlegend wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 pm Sit back you are about to slip to 4th place in the Trinity league if you are lucky.
Fifth
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

OCurbanlegend wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 pm we don't have to pay anyone because we have the best product
Yes, you do have to pay. 70% of your players couldn't afford MD's real tuition. Pull all scholarship dollars from the football team, how many kids will stay for "the best product"?