Facebook's "community standards"

Geek spoken here
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Facebook's "community standards"

Post by John Q. Public »

Biden's mad at Facebook and I can't say as I blame him. I've been getting tons of anti-vax and borderline QAnon garbage in my feed lately and last night I got one that all but advocated shooting Biden and Fauci, so I reported it. Got this back:
Thanks for your feedback
Thanks for letting us know about this. The photo was reviewed, and though it doesn't go against one of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things like it in the future.
From the list above, you can block xxxxxxxx directly, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them. We also recommend visiting the Help Center to learn more about how to control what you see in your News Feed. If you find that a person, group or Page consistently posts things you don’t want to see, you may want to limit how often you see their posts or remove them from your Facebook experience.
We know these options may not apply to every situation, so please let us know if you see something else you think we should take a look at.
Just what are their standards if they think shooting the President is acceptable?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ShiftyMutt

Re: Facebook's "community standards"

Post by ShiftyMutt »

The only time I reported something on Facebook I got pretty much the same response. It was a “hang Obama” page, filled with the most disgusting comments.
ShiftyMutt

Re: Facebook's "community standards"

Post by ShiftyMutt »

But if someone was seriously talking about shooting the president, that’s an FBI thing.