High School Football Refs

Daforno

High School Football Refs

Post by Daforno »

No I don't think I can do a better job, and no I don't want the job!

So with that out of the way, something has to be done with these out of shape and out of position High School refs.
Saturday night was awful, just 2 examples, kid make spectacular catch for Servite and falls CLEARLY out of bounds! Touchdown.
How do you see something that DIDN"T OCCUR? His foot never came done in bounds.
Then ( MD DID HAVE NUMEROUS pass interference calls, ) how does a defensive back who slows down and the same Servite receiver runs up his back and the DB gets called for interference?
Thank goodness neither call changed the decision, but you know it is just a matter of time until it does!
Possibly Servite Bosco game, or the Finals MD against take your pick.
Please don't say they are trying their best, that is so tired.
These kids are outstanding athletes and I think the game is just too fast for these guys, possibly pay a little more money ( the C.I.F can afford it ) and get some younger guys who can keep up.
cruiser

Re: High School Football Refs

Post by cruiser »

Did The MD/Servite game use five refs or seven refs?
Johnny Blaze

Post by Johnny Blaze »

Your points are one hundred percent accurate. But I'm pretty sure it would be frowned upon to higher refs for certain games based on age and definitely would raise some eyebrows if CIF paid them more as well.

Bad reffing as much as it effects our enjoyment of the game, is part of the game. I see the same bad calls being made on Saturday and Sundays too. The higher levels just have the benefit of replay to help clean some of it up.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

cruiser wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 am Did The MD/Servite game use five refs or seven refs?
Seven. And that is part of the problem perhaps. Other games so far had 5 refs.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Dafarno
There were more bad calls than the ones you mention. The face mask, although I can see how that one was
called wrong and 2 more PI's and that's just off the top of my head. There maybe more.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

I can say this as a MD person that there was definately a terrible call against Servite. On one of Craig’s TD runs he was clearly in motion going forward before the snap.
CoolStoryBro

Post by CoolStoryBro »

not sure if this correct but if it is the ref made a very knowledgeable call 🤷🏾‍♂️
IMG_9636.jpeg
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

That's the NFL rule. The way the high school rule reads, it's also likely a touchdown.

But back to whining and crying like a bunch of little girls about how someone who has to fight SoCal traffic and give up their Friday night to get yelled at by a bunch of morons who know absolutely nothing about football for four hours and ends up getting paid an hourly rate less than a busboy at Red Robin isn't perfect...
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

You just made my point!

Don't you think if you were willing to do what you just listed:
Long drive
Give up your Friday night
Low pay
You would at least be GOOD AT IT?
So we are supposed to say thank you for being mediocre at best? because you made the effort?
Don't forget to give the refs their participation ribbons for doing what you listed.
Joe why don't you give them your participation ribbons as if you are willing to settle for them just "trying" sounds like you haven't won much!