La Habra vs Tustin

hit the lights

La Habra vs Tustin

Post by hit the lights »

Well, this wont be the two teams that played in Anaheim stadium for the CIF FINALS.
One common opponent these two teams played this year was, Ayala.
Ayala beat Tustin 42-7 and Ayala beat La Habra 31-21. Tustin does have better record, than La Habra, but LaHabra strength of schedule is much better than Tustin,
Outcome.....
La Habra, 21- Tustin 10 :mex:
Playthegame

Re: La Habra vs Tustin

Post by Playthegame »

Sounds right...another ring for the High Landers this year?
scj60

Post by scj60 »

Whoever wins the semifinal between La Habra and El Toro will win the division. I've seen La Habra play twice. Not the Highlanders of the past but still in the tank to win the division.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

Hey PTG!
Being in D-5, youd think so right??
La Habra's loss to Orange was shocking. Capo Valley played a better game.
Im not crowning them yet. If they blow out Tustin, maybe they have a shot.
No Drake Griffins or Kyle Peko's on this team.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

All participation 🏆 from D4 and down.
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

roadrunner-
Yeah i see you. It didnt help LH , that they blew in the preseason, and continue to struggle with below average teams.
There is no team in the freeway league that scares anyone. This year, that includes La Habra.
They do have some kids who will be back next year, that could put up points.?
This year, they have a great opportunity to turn it around and be a CHAMPION!
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

I see Tobey Schmidt and Tustin lighting up the La Habra defense in this matchup. There’s a reason the Tillers are the #1 seed in D5. They’ll be a tough out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the title game.

Having said that, Oaks Christian should win this bracket based on serious talent advantages alone. They’ve won 4 of their last 5 after starting the season 0-5, including losses to Sierra Canyon and Mission Lg teams Alemany and Chaminade, and to Valor Christian of Colorado. Crazy that they are in Division 5; they’ve fallen all the way down the Plinko board from the old days.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

Can someone explain to me the Tustin 42-7 loss to Ayala?
Did Schmidt play in that game?
Tustin might have been lighting up below average teams, not sure thats gonna happen vs LH.
LH can play defense. If the offense doesnt keep them on the field all night. The question is, can LH offense
score, put together drives, without turnovers, or stupid penalties? Dont forget, LH was a play away from beating both Upland and Orange. The only legit loss was to AMAT., and Ayala. Which brings me to FRYER'S PICK, of yorba linda beating Amat?? ok guy!lol :giggle:
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

RED PILL WONDERLAND-
I guess Tustin didnt light anyone up last night. Number 16 seed lol, lit up Tustin 31-14, the number 1 seed.
Good start for the CLAN. I do agree, Oaks Christian is the big threat in that division and possibly a couple other upper divisions. La Habra also has history with Oaks Christian, and beat them at Oaks in a upset victory. Oaks had 8 D-1 guys on that team. a few years back.

I think Fryer at the OC REGISTER had to be playing a jeti mind trick with his picks this week?
Picking La Habra to lose, again, and then saying Amat was going to lose to Yorba Linda. Amat is D-1 / D-2
Their back up QB was from Sierra Canyon, a legit school. TRANSFER.
Other upsets or interesting games.....

CDM beats previously unbeaten Warren high of Downey. Warren was loaded. CDM knocked the stud QB out, and a freshman had to continue.

Foothill beat Ayala, but Foothill is obviously pretty good.

Laserna destroys Orange.

Muir loses to Highland??
Poly too much for Trabuco. Again a D-1 /2 TEAM Vs D-5
St. Francis D-3 VS Irvine D-7? hands IRVINE first loss.
I think the way they did these playoff divisions were a dis service to some of these teams.
giving Yorba , Amat wasnt cool. Trabuco and Poly? St. Francis getting Irvine?
I guess its a great opportunity , but first round playoffs?
At least none of these scores were 106 -0
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

hit the lights wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 am RED PILL WONDERLAND-
I guess Tustin didnt light anyone up last night. Number 16 seed lol, lit up Tustin 31-14, the number 1 seed.
Big Congrats HTL. I was completely wrong about #1 seed Tustin in this game. You and Fred Robledo were right bud, I bow down 😂

Your super cautious optimism obviously helped the Highlanders offense create those big plays lol. You should have commented more this year and LH would have had a higher seed! What a Super Bowl win for La Habra. Completely redeems the whole 0 for 5 pre league season. Well, maybe not that, but good D5 playoff win for Mazzotta. Tough matchup next week against a former D1 program in Valencia. Can the William Wallaces string together a run??
hit the lights wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 am Foothill beat Ayala, but Foothill is obviously pretty good.
Ayala was obviously pretty good too. They beat La Habra and Tustin and were 9-1. Good win for Foothill but not that surprising because they were also 9-1 with their only loss to a Yorba Linda team that was undefeated but got blown out by Amat last night. Good for FHS.
easycheesy

Post by easycheesy »

hit the lights wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 am St. Francis D-3 VS Irvine D-7? hands IRVINE first loss.
I think the way they did these playoff divisions were a dis service to some of these teams.
giving Yorba , Amat wasnt cool. Trabuco and Poly? St. Francis getting Irvine?
I guess its a great opportunity , but first round playoffs?
True but normally during these times teams like Serra, LBP, Amat, OLU would be turning in their pads after getting whipped by SJB, CC, or MD but they're all advancing. I guess the fairness has to swing in some way to the Football Gods
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

This week La Habra gets a solid Valencia of Valencia team.
They run , they throw and the QB will hit 7 plus different receivers.
At Valencia. LH could be outmanned in this one? LH has been known for some surprise wins, last year vs Chaminade and Oaks Christian a few years back. ALL on the road.
:mex:
scj60

Post by scj60 »

It all depends on which La Habra team shows up this week. The one that laid the egg against Orange with no running game, tons of penalties or the one that rolled a decent Tustin team. La Habra is not as talented this year and their lack of discipline has hurt them this year but they have the ability to beat Valencia. I'm thinking the La Habra team that has played well the last few weeks will be the one to show and they will come home with a victory.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

scj-
I hope your right. Finally the RB at LH got going. Taking some pressure off the QB.
Im still waiting for La Habra to get a legit run game. Run at you, pulling guards and leading with a FB?
A SMASH MOUTH PACKAGE.? It seems their run game is always finese. Running side to side, instead of north and south. The RB that scored those TD'S vs Tustin is good. He will be even better next year.
LH just needs to get better in the trenches. number 77 , Bessiere goes both ways and is solid. They need more studs like that guy! Are there any F WHEELS DIALED UP??
I crack up how Fryer from OC REGISTER acts like he had LH'S back last week. He picked against LH, but says they know what they are doing.? He had quite a few picks wrong. Now this week, says MD and Bosco will win.
Thats a great prediction! so rough, so tough! :lol:
scj60

Post by scj60 »

HTL:

Agree with you on that run game comment. RB's would head up the middle and then bounce outside. Need to pound the rock to set up the pass for Gil. I'm confident they will beat Valencia.