Playoff format - How CIFSS Got It Wrong (Again)

WillyCfromSHS

Playoff format - How CIFSS Got It Wrong (Again)

Post by WillyCfromSHS »

Division 1 is a mess - Norco is not D1, bottom line. MD will put up 50 and Norco may get a mercy score in the 4th quarter. Which is a shame as Norco is a quality team and deserves better. MV vs. CC should be an entertaining game...should have a been the final for D2. So let's back up here - D1 should continue to be an 8 team bracket which essentially gets us to a place that this board has talked about for a long time, a private school division. It wouldn't have been hard at all. Then you let the publics play in Division 1-AA. Div 1-AA would be so entertaining. Week 1 might be a bloodbath in some games, but that was typical before all this competitive equity BS, but can you see how the quarters and semi's would play out...that would be epic and create a ton of excitement. Just my two cents.

Division 1-A
1. MD
2. SJB
3. Servite
4. SM
5. Alemany
6. Sierra Canyon
7. OLU
Wild Card Game: St. Boni
Wild Card Game: Bishop Amat

Division 1-AA
1. CC
2. MV
3. Los AL
4. Norco
5.Edison
6. Warren
7. Vista Murrieta
8.Yorba Linda
9.CdM
10. Murrieta Valley
11. Simi Valley
12 Citrus Valley
13. Etiwanda
14. Foothill
15. San Clemente
16. Saugus
dntn31

Re: Playoff format - How CIFSS Got It Wrong (Again)

Post by dntn31 »

In your proposal, there are now 2 non-competitive divisions instead of just 1. The actual D2 bracket is much more interesting than yours.

The simplest tweak to this year to have 2 competitive brackets would have been to change D1 from 8 teams to 4, but getting Cen10/MV as a consolation is pretty nice.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Hey Willy...

I love that...Beep Beep!
WillyCfromSHS

Post by WillyCfromSHS »

dntn31 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:52 am The simplest tweak to this year to have 2 competitive brackets would have been to change D1 from 8 teams to 4, but getting Cen10/MV as a consolation is pretty nice.
I did consider a 4 team D1 but where to you put the 2nd tier privates? You look at my top 10 in the D1-AA and any one of those teams could be in the semis. I think we need to go backwards...CC/Norco was in D2 just 8 years ago and it was competitive. You had the Southwestern league teams right there in D2 in Vista Murrieta, Murrieta Valley and Chaparral, add the Sunset league and you have a nice public playoff division.
Last edited by WillyCfromSHS on Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan »

Agree