High school football heavyweights to battle in 2022 ESPN GEICO Kickoff

easycheesy

High school football heavyweights to battle in 2022 ESPN GEICO Kickoff

Post by easycheesy »

ESPN announced its doozy of a Kickoff field on Tuesday, with a doubleheader of

St. Joseph’s Prep (Pa.) vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) followed by Los Alamitos (Calif.) vs. American Heritage (Fla.) on Aug. 27.

Defending national champion Mater Dei (Calif.) travels to Las Vegas to take on Nevada 5A champion Bishop Gorman

In addition to the ESPN games, the weekend of big time football matchups starts with a California-Texas showdown as St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) heads to the Lone Star State to grapple with Allen, a five-time Texas state title winner. The Braves finished No. 6 in the MaxPreps Top 25 and likely will be in the top 5 to start the 2022 season.
credofriar

Re: High school football heavyweights to battle in 2022 ESPN GEICO Kickoff

Post by credofriar »

I was told the Los Al game in Florida was no longer going down because Los Al backed out. Hopefully that was just a bad rumor?
OutOfState

Re: High school football heavyweights to battle in 2022 ESPN GEICO Kickoff

Post by OutOfState »

credofriar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:42 pm I was told the Los Al game in Florida was no longer going down because Los Al backed out. Hopefully that was just a bad rumor?
This game is happening. It has been in the works for a while. I believe it was questionable at one point due to the costs. But now ESPN/Geico is paying the bill.